Share this blog with Stumbleupon!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chile Verde!

For chile verde, I first make a salsa verde the way I usually do: spicy! I use tomatillos, anaheim peppers, and serranos. I roast them on a baking pan in the oven under the broiler and blend them with fresh garlic, onion, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cilantro. For this particular batch, I also made a completely mild batch of salsa verde, minus the peppers just so I could mellow out some of the spice (I like my salsa verde hot, but for a full plate of it I like it to be a little milder). I dissolved some boullion (chicken stock could be used) in water and added the two salsas to taste, and browned chunks of pork shoulder, combined them all in a glass pan, and cooked in the oven for 4 hours.

Before:
 (tomatillos from the farmers' market!)
After:
 
Chiles                                                                           Salsa verde                  

The meal:


And finally, my boyfriend enjoying two plates of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment