Share this blog with Stumbleupon!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Pozole!

Pozole! A favorite of mine, I figured this one out with the help of some online recipes I found and my grandmother's tips. I use about 2 pounds of pork shoulder for this soup, cut into chunks but I add the bones as well. It is often eaten around Christmas, but in Southern California, where I'm from, most Mexican restaurants serve it daily, or something similar, menudo (however, menudo also has tripe--the main difference and why I don't eat it). I slow cook it at a gentle boil for about 3 hours, and it takes 30-45 minutes of prep. It's typically served with cabbage, onion, cilantro, lime or lemon juice, pepper flakes, and radish. I  serve mine without the onion or radish.


No comments:

Post a Comment