Share this blog with Stumbleupon!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pan Dulce

One of the best things about Los Angeles versus Montana, fresh pan dulce! As finding pan dulce in Montana is impossible, I decided to make it myself for the first time this past Dia de los Muertos, as I wanted to honor my Tio and Grandpa but couldn't set out an altar because my cat would ruin it. Instead, I made pan dulce and mexican hot chocolate so we could have dinner together.
I made these using a recipe I found online in Spanish, and there are TONS. It seems there are a lot of different ways to make it but either way, they were delicious.
I tried to make the common "concha" kind (named for the topping that is supposed to look like a turtle's shell, mine kind of melted off).



The topping: butter and sugar and cinnamon, mashed together.



No comments:

Post a Comment