Share this blog with Stumbleupon!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, November 12, 2012

Chile Relleno

This dish is a classic Mexican staple. My grandma always seemed to have some freshly made, but younger me didn't like the slimy texture of chiles so I never tried them.
However, since it's such a classic dish, I decided I should learn how to make it.
It involves poblano chiles and queso fresco. First you roast/blacken the chiles in the oven and then put them in a Ziploc to sweat for 10 minutes. While they're sweating, I prepared the batter by beating two egg whites until fluffy and folding in some flour.
Once the chiles were done sweating, I cut them open and removed the seeds and filled them with queso fresco. I used toothpicks to keep them closed, dipped them in batter, and pan fried them in a little oil. I made rice and beans to go with.












No comments:

Post a Comment