Share this blog with Stumbleupon!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why I Never Play Hard to Get by Rachel Kay Albers

One of my friends posted a link to this article today on Facebook and after reading it, I thought I just had to share it with as many people as possible. It's a short one, but the author makes a lot of really good, thought-provoking points about some phrases that we've all heard and taken to be good advice.
It's really worth the read.
Here's my favorite line:
"When we structure romantic relationships so that one party is considered a prize of conquest, won only by someone strong enough to fight past objections and overcome enough Nos to reach the Holy Grail of Yes, how can we expect that this blurred view of consent won’t bleed into our sexual relationships, as well? " 

Pass it on!
http://feminspire.com/why-i-never-play-hard-to-get/

No comments:

Post a Comment